Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Lambert, Nov 7, 2019.
This is a 1989 300 Weekender, wondering what all these ports are for.
This is just an educated guess since I never owned on.
exhaust for motor, exhaust for genny, two bilge pump exits and possibly the cockpit drains, or cockpit bar sink.
Water exits all of those drains
Sublime seems spot on. Sinks, coolers, shower sumps, bilge pumps, deck drains, etc and so on. You can find diagrams for your boat on Sea Ray's website that will show you what they all do...
When she's in the water, starting turning things on individually and see which port drains for each item. Somewhere down the road, that knowledge will be helpful.
Paul, over time the water dripping out of those will run down the side of the boat and will stain the gelcoat.
Here's an easy solution to that. Get ahold of some clear plastic tubing and cut it just long enough to fit into the hold and leave the tip hanging about 1/2"-3/4" out from the side of the boat.
When the water runs out, the last few drips will drop off the tip rather than run down the side.
GFC, is the angle cut necessary or for something specific? I just cut mine at a 90...
My owners manual has diagram of all thru hulls which is hand . I looked at the manual for your boat from the Sea Ray website and i did not find a similar diagram in that manual. But as others have already indicated the large port is your engine exhaust, the one next to is probably for gen set if you have one, then air con, sinks, bilges etc. As Fly'n Family said it will be a good project for you to determine by trial and error what is what
Heck, I don't know. The idea for those just sorta popped into my mind one day when I was waxing the stains off the side of the boat.
When I cut the pieces I reached into the hole to see if there were any obstructions and found that about 1" or so inside the hole the diameter reduces. That gives something to butt the clear poly pipe piece (say that fast 3 times!) up against.
Also I found that some of the pieces of tubing were too large to go into the hole. I experimented a bit and found that if I removed a thin section of the length of the tubing I could reduce its diameter to fit.
What I was trying to get was a fairly snug friction fit of the tubing going into the hole.
The only caution is not to hang fenders over the side where the fender could rub against the end of the tubing and wiggle it out of the hole. Don't ask me how I learned that one.