Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Tiki Bar' started by Arizona240DA, Oct 20, 2009.
I think this is what will be heard on the flight recorder …ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
On mil leave today (4 years now). Going back next Summer with a monthly check. Can't wait.
I used to travel a lot and used United exclusively. I had the 2nd level of status - Premier Exec. and on average I would get bumped to 1st about 50% of the time - no miles or upgrade certs used. United also has channle 9 where you can listen to the pilots talk to air traffic control -that is cool
If i had to fly again, no doubt I'd use United
If I am on a flight and you're the Captain, will you please stay awake long enough to land the airplane at the right airport and on time?
I hope to God the answer is 100% yes.
In my opinion, part of the problem is that it is illegal for either one to sleep at any time. I can understand the rationale, but if you have worked 4 days in 72 hours, and are flying coast to coast from midnight to 0500 (which I have done many times), it is ludicrous to deny a 20 minute nap in a controlled environment. Bring another crew member forward (flight attendant) to monitor the pilot not sleeping (Delta terminology joke).
There are several recent studies showing the value of a well-timed nap. Besides, one guy can get up and leave to go to the lav, so why not nap? - other than spazzing out and actuating the controls (which never happens that I know of), why not let us catch a quick nap before landing after an all-nighter?
4-day trip: (This is a wag, not an actual trip of which I am aware, but this is the way schedules are built.)
Day 1 Report 0800 - Atlanta to Jacksonville; Jacksonville to Atlanta. Atlanta to Los Angeles. 12 hours away from airport.
Day 2 Report 0500 - Los Angeles to NYC. 15 hours away from airport.
Day 3 Report 0400 - NYC to San Francisco. 12 hours away from airport.
Day 4 Report 2200 same day. San Fran to Atlanta. Arrive 0530. 20 hours pay.
4 days of work in 72 hours, lots of rest, ready to fly, right?
SW is for familys, and the business travelers that just don't have a choice. I fly 150 flights a year and the airlines that takes care of the folks that spend huge (corperate dollars) should be taken care of. Everybody should get beverages, peanuts and a smile with no attitude. The Airlines that try to do what they can extra with limited resources gets my vote every time.
However off the lady in 24c with a baby on the breast and a 2 year old that wants to hide under the seat and screams when the flight attendant highly suggest that he get in his seat, keep me away from her, she flys on SW on Mondays and Fridays.
I personally vote for Alaska airlines/Horizon 80% of the time and NW/Delta the other 20% of the time.
Next week Oakland, Phoenix and Austin... here I come :thumbsup:
The pilots of the Northwest jet that overshot Minneapolis by 150 miles were distracted by a bathroom break, talking to a flight attendant and using their laptops to discuss work schedules(Porn??????), the National Transportation Safety Board says.
Sure would not want a pilot to be thining about his bladder on final. I think they could have come up with a better excuse, I have to be in my seat 150 mile form the runway giving back my cup, peanut bag and NY times.
While boarding a recent flight I mentioned to the Capt the NW pilots had a better chance claiming a "Twightlight Zone" experience...at least a small % of the public would believe them.
I was on a flight from phonix last night, before the flight I was early and had a chance to chat with the flight crew... Bottomline, no excuse for a over shoot of that type. The boys will be hung
I see Skyhawks, Tomahawks cheese sandwiches and living with mom and dad in their future. They will eventually get parts of their tickets back, don’t know about their ATP's though…