A wonderful bone head maneuver. Engine is running battery switch on both, battery switch turned to 1 for a while, battery switch then turned to OFF with engine running and continued to run for about 5 minutes then turned engine off and noticed the battery switch was off. don't ask me why in the hell this happened (meaning I messed up) but it did. I touched the alternator and it was warm but not hot, I could keep my hand on it no problem. I then put the switch on both and fired the engine and let it run for a while. From what I can tell no damage happened but do you really think that's possible nothing got ruined?