Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Sea Ray Lifestyle & Cruising' started by Alex F, Dec 13, 2015.
Our first Floatilla. Great time, great people.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gina and I want to send huge thanks to Alex and Joe! We came by to meet everyone yesterday but not stay. When we were leaving our windlass was not working. Alex and Joe saw our strugglie to lift anchor and came over by dinghy. Alex jumped on board and helped Gina pull the anchor up by hand and saved the day. We couldn't have done it without their help. Thank you!!!!!!
We were so impressed with the warm welcome we received from everyone at the raft up. We felt las if the CSR flotilla was a big family who welcomed us in. Hope you all have a wonderful trip and smooth seas. Enjoy.
This is all new to me, incredible pictures.... I hope one day be part of it!!!
Always something Gary!!! .. These are great people with a common goal of having a great time on the water and making new friends !!!
How'd you guys make out with all that rain?
The feast was great. A few sprinkles, but for the most part, the rain stayed away. We got lucky. Radar looked ugly, but the Sea Ray gods were on our side.
Unfortunately, we had to leave the Floatilla yesterday afternoon (darn work), and Gardeners Bay was pretty nasty. Very windy, very sloppy, but once we made the turn through the Gut and headed back towards CT, it was much much better.
Can't wait to do it again next year.
Well, the weather did not cooperate for the ride to MV today. We are now in Block island Contemplating our next move. The sound was a washing machine I believe we had a few 6-7' ers most of the way to Block. Our crew where really under the weather when we where prob 5 miles from block it layed down quite a bit. The weather is very nice now as were rafted (8) boats and some at Champlains marina.
Sorry to hear about the rough ride. But there are worse places to be stuck for a day or so. We love block. Our fav destination.
Block Island sound was not fun yesterday!
We made it to Newport for a fuel and lunch stop, then continued on "home" to New Bedford. Rhode Island sound was much less chaotic and smoothed out very fast once passing Block. We still basically maintained about 18kts but could have gone faster the last 45 minutes into buzzards bay but my crew was catching up on sleep from the night before so I let them sleep longer.
It was great meeting you guys, we had a lot of fun right up to Sunday night when we couldn't get any sleep from the rocking and crashing into waves! All part of the boating fun, but not so great when you have a 3-4 hour run home in less than ideal conditions.
At least we know the Tito's was at least safe from drowning on the trip yesterday!!
You guys doing alright???
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you think the Block Island detour will affect the rest of the schedule? Are you still at "The Oar"?
We're still going to try to connect in Hyannis during the weekend, although the admiral has indicated that I should get a slip at Hyannis Marina. So we may not raft with you guys overnight, but we'll come out to play during the day if you're there. I think we're going to grab a slip for Friday and Saturday nights, which would overlap with the original schedule. We won't have my 23 year old son (which will reduce the beer consumption on my boat significantly), but I think our Goldendoodle Ellie will make the trip.
Cheers - Ron & Pam
I left them Monday AM, but the last I heard was that if they went to Block Monday (as they ended up doing) they were likely not going to make it to MV or Hyannis. But that may have changed as "the official" plan B for Monday was to stop in Block if the majority were not in favor of continuing past depending on conditions and re-evaluate from there.
FWIW, we will be back at Block this weekend. Heading there on Friday morning, arriving early afternoon. So if anyone from the Floatilla is still there, we'd be happy to meet up (again).
I'm going through the GoPro now. Here's another cool shot...
I was wondering how you guys were doing. Glad you stopped in Block. Nantucket sound was terrible on Monday. We left Eel pond inlet in falmouth at about 11:00 to head to oak bluffs and ran straight into snot. 1'-2' seas on the report in the morning from the east quickly became 3'-4' seas in the middle of the sound and larger still outside oak bluffs harbor. We got beat up bad. I told my friends we were not going back out in it if it was still like that when we left but the weather cleared slightly. When it was time to go back at around 8pm. We ran north Into rough water on our way back but it wasn't nearly as bad as the way to the island. Hope everyone enjoys their vacation.
I have spoken with a few of them and they are not going to make it further north than Block. I think they were planning on leaving Block sooner than Friday but that is not official.
That stinks. Sorry the weather gods were not smiling on you guys this year. Like a previous person said, there are worse places to be stuck at than block island!! Enjoy the rest of the trip folks!!
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
C'mon you guys...let's see some pix! What's going on out east?!
Wait......you mean they are not able to make it to MV and are all "stuck" in Block Island..... On their boats.............in beautiful clear water........with lots of booze.............. In a beautiful harbor.........with great restaurants........so sad........