Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Odyssey, Jan 5, 2013.
How far out did you make it?
Not far Robert, I had to make decision in just about zero visibility in heavy rain and big waves
Was it just a bad storm at the inlet that was making it bad? If so you might could head back and check again. With winds out of the SE you should be ok out there....but I'm at my desk trying to live through you guys....
Did the others head out from WPB?
Bad everywhere this a.m., prob is wind direction changes sat night for the worse for several days
Lance that Sncks!!!
I know how excited you where and how much you had to accomplish to get here. That inlet can get bad, specially with a storm, but once you get out it should improve. Of course that is easier said than done.
I am clinging to a glimmer of hope, but it seems I will be cancelling later today. Since I was scheduled to arrive friday I am hoping Big Game will give me till later today. I have seen the weather shift before so maybe Mom nature may change her mind. I hope you can make the best of your trip down here. If you do go South to Boca Chita, go early! Don't wait till Saturday, It will be crowded and you may not have a place to tie up to.
Just a thought!!!
How about leaving Thursday at dawn and coming back Saturday?
Looks nice there now. http://portevergladeswebcam.com/
Pack-up and go for it !!. :smt001
I guess the camera view can be deceiving but that looks nice and smooth and the wind is very low.
I'm watching/waiting for Lance to go by holding a sign saying.... F-U Wayne. :lol: .
I'm at the pool drinking wayne.......lol. Robert, thats a thought, get back to ya.
Trip is being cancelled not because of today tomorrow or even Saturday but the return on Monday. Of course it is only a forecast and it looks like things are starting to change for the better but they were reporting 5-6' seas at 5 sec.
Keep us posted Tom, we're just hanging out at Bahia Mar in FTL
I have cancelled. I have no other plans to do anything else but I think Randy was thinking about going to Boca Chita or something along those lines. We will not be coming that far south as the seas limit us going that far since we are in Ft. Pierce. If the seas calm down a bit, which I think they will, we may go offshore fishing but in the Ft. Pierce area. If it does not look like it will calm down for this weekend, we will probably stay home and have mojitos by the pool.
I hear ya Tom, as of now we're staying here tonight, just about aggravated enough to put on trailer in a.m. and go home :/
I'm really sorry for you, and everyone else on the trip that things aren't working out. It's a holiday weekend and you're not working. Try to make the best of it!!!
Just got through to BBG, officially canceled Took 4 hrs to get reservations, but that's common for them, time to get my drink on!!!!!
If ya get bored this weekend, take a road trip up my way and we can have a drink!! Sunday we are probably going to go hang out at the sandbar most of the day if you (or any others) wanna come join!
Did you think about heading south the Key West or Islamorada? Not sure how far from where you're at but I figured since you're down there and did all that work to the boat maybe it's shot at some good water and cold drinks.
I know how much you were looking forward o the trip, but it's always best to be safe... It's always hit or miss unfortunately... and this weather system is very unusual to be like this all day every day.. Are you staying down here for a few or heading back?